Engineering duties, including: road condition surveys, road safety audit, Acad and C3D drafting preferred, transportation studies, mentoring, report preparation. Position responsibilities are described below and percentages may vary with respect to individual project needs.
- Field trip and survey (condition survey and/or topo survey as needed) to collect adequate field data to prepare a safety audit of the road. 35%
- Prepare Road Safety Audit Study Report, to include two drafts (to be reviewed) and final report 35%
- Mentoring - provide mentoring to engineer and engineering technician employees. 30%
Minimum of 20 year(s) of experience OR BA/BS Degree in Agriculture, natural resources, agronomy or related field of study.
- Professional Engineer preferred but not essential. Must have experience with safety audits.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, ARCVIEW (GIS)
- Acad preferred
- ArcGIS and/or Acad, Civil 3d. Existing free online courses.
- Air travel anticipated: One round-trip flight for field trip. Destination Idaho Falls, Boise or Sun Valley airports.
- Rental cars: Once during field trip.
- Health and Safety Considerations: There is no formal training necessary. Enrollee shall review Job Hazard Analysis
prepared by the U.S. Forest Service, for the activity at the field location, if applicable.
- Required Safety Gear: Gloves, hardhat, safety goggles/glasses, reflective vest. Provided by Forest. If additional gear is required, specific safety gear will be coordinated for which work is to occur and will be commensurate with appropriate Job Hazard Analysis.
- Safety Gear Use: During field trip.
- Physical requirements: The Enrollee must be able to maneuver and operate in a mixture of office and field work
conditions under a variety of environmental conditions such as, navigating over rough, uneven ground, hot weather, full day sun exposure.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of this position.
- Remote work arrangements are available for this position.