This position is responsible for technical engineering support for a variety of facility repair work & minor renovation projects from initial concept planning or urgent needs, development of full biddable required Statement of Work or Performance work statement documents packages ready for contract procurement and technical administrative support of the project through completion and closeout for Beltsville Agricultural Research Center (BARC) Facility Services and occasionally for Research Management Units. Work is conducted closely with USDA staff to develop and manage projects within USDA guidelines and procedures and utilize established forms as required.
NEW Solutions is proud to connect professionals, age 55+, with part-time and full-time opportunities throughout the country by providing skilled and experienced workers to government agencies.
*This position will be open until filled.
NOTE: This position has the option to work remote.
- Develop full procurement packages for facility repair work & renovation projects to include technical scopes of work (SOWs or PWSs), drawings, specifications, IGCEs and technical evaluation factors for various facility repair projects. 45%
- Provide engineering construction management support for all projects. The construction tasks include review and recommendation of administrative and material submittals, monitor contract schedules, review contractor requests for information, and participation in construction progress meetings.
- Provide engineering design management support for all assigned projects. The design tasks include review of design submissions (i.e., design analysis, specifications, and drawings), cost estimates, engineering calculations, code analysis, approvals by local authorities and participation in design review meetings. 25%
Minimum of 10 year(s) of experience in Engineering Project Management. OR BA/BS Degree in Engineering.
- Technical engineering experience in design and construction projects.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel
- RS Means Online, some knowledge of Auto Cad and project management software.
- Training will be provided as needed.
- Required Certifications: Licensed engineer preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Travel may be required to BARC facilities as required for Project Development and Construction Management services.
- Overnight travel: Potential for infrequent travel depending on selectee’s location. Travel would be to Beltsville, MD.
- Air travel anticipated: Potential for infrequent air travel depending on selectee’s location. Travel would be to Beltsville, MD
- Rental cars: Potential for car rental depending on selectee’s location. Travel would be to Beltsville, MD,