The Fish and Wildlife Service Experienced Services Program was established to create a unique partnership to help solve the workforce issues facing government agencies. The Fish and Wildlife ESP connects experienced workers (age 55+) to the Fish and Wildlife Service to provide scientific, technical, and administrative services in support of the Fish and Wildlife Service priority multiple-use related programs and authorities. The experienced workers participating in the Program are referred to as Enrollee and are not employees of FWS or National Experienced Workforce Solutions (NEW Solutions). NEW Solutions is the ESP Non-governmental organization (NGO) responsible for administrative aspects of the Program, and the Enrollees work under Fish and Wildlife Service direction to assist the Agency staff in carrying out the Fish and Wildlife Service mission. Fish and Wildlife Service ESP Enrollees benefit from the opportunity to keep technical skills current, to access new training opportunities, to engage in gainful project-based positions, and to undertake meaningful tasks using their experience and talent to contribute to the environment, the national economy and their own financial security. Background security investigation may be required prior to start date. Location, hours and hourly pay are noted in this position description. FWS ESP positions are meant to provide temporary, project-based support. This position is currently funded for approximately 950 hours at 25 hours per week. (this is subject to change based on budget and other factors). Local Applicants only. Enrollee will be required to work in the Bloomington MN office.
Provide organizing, sorting, scanning, inventorying and boxing up services for the cultural resources federal records for the Midwest Region at the Midwest Regional Office in Bloomington, MN.
- Specialist will review cultural resources federal records and organize, sort, and prepare them for scanning. 20%
- Specialist will scan cultural resources federal records and place the electronic pdf files into their appropriate electronic folders 50%
- Specialist will box up the paper cultural resources federal records after scanning, do a box level spreadsheet inventory in MS Word or Excel, and prepare them for shipping to the Federal Records Center. 30%
Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience OR BA/BS Degree in Any, but some cultural resources or history study is preferred
- Must be highly organized and have attention to detail.
- Experience required with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel
- Scanner software, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- On the job training will be provided to the enrollee.
- Physical requirements: Ability to stand, at times, at a printer/scanner to feed documents. Some very temporary moving of banker boxes of paper up to 30 pounds may be required.