Business travel that involves an overnight stay.
- Prior to travel: even if an advance is not being requested, Enrollee Travel Authorization and Advance Request form must be filled out, signed and dated prior to travel. Hold on to it until after travel.
- After travel: Send Travel advance, expense statement and receipts (all originals) to Accounts Payable. Keep copies of everything that you send.
- Call Field Office for instructions and use of AXIOM website for air fare only: https://nowcc.gbtconnect.com
Enrollees may request travel advances up to 85% of anticipated expenses or $1,000 (whichever is smaller) to help defray costs of preauthorized travel.
A completed Enrollee Travel Authorization and Advance Request form must:
- be signed and dated by the enrollee’s Monitor BEFORE the travel date;
- be submitted to the Accounts Payable Specialist at NEW Solutions Headquarters, 3811 N Fairfax Dr. #900, Arlington, VA 22203 no earlier than forty-five (45) days in advance and no later than thirty (30) days before date of travel (exceptions considered on case-by-case basis); and,
- be the original form. Faxed or emailed copies are NOT acceptable.
Travelers must submit receipts within 30 days of the conclusion of travel. Enrollees are also required to return to NEW Solutions any unspent portion of the advance within 30 days.
If any unspent monies are not returned within the 30-day time limit, the enrollee and the Accounts Payable Specialist will then establish a payment plan under which the amount owed is deducted from the enrollee’s paycheck(s) when necessary. If for any reason a payment plan cannot be established (e.g. separated enrollee), the amount(s) in question will be recorded as taxable income to the enrollee.
This policy is designed to comply with the accountable plan rules of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the U.S. Treasury Department
Direct Deposit for advances is available. Click here to print a copy of the Direct Deposit Form. If you need assistance, please contact your NEW Solutions Field Office.
Enrollees are urged to use mass transit systems whenever available rather than rental cars or taxis to keep costs to a minimum.
A completed enrollee Travel Expense Statement must:
- be signed and dated by the enrollee and the Enrollee’s Monitor,
- have all necessary documentation attached,
- be completed in ink with no use of correction fluid or tape,
- have all corrections initialed by Enrollee and Monitor,
- be submitted within thirty (30) days after travel to the Accounts Payable Specialist at NEW Solutions Headquarters, 3811 N Fairfax Dr. #900, Arlington, VA 22203; and,
- be the original form. Faxed copies are NOT acceptable.
Original documentation, to be included with the travel expense form, is listed below. Reimbursement will be delayed when appropriate documentation is not attached, such as:
- airline ticket stub,
- itemized hotel bill,
- itemized phone bill,
- vehicle rental receipt,
- gasoline receipt (vehicle rental),
- single item receipt over $25.00 (i.e., taxi, parking),
- pre-approval authorizations from monitor
Items not reimbursable: club memberships, personal phone charges in excess of the $6.00 allowed per overnight, gifts, family/friends’ expenses, entertainment, pay-for-view movies or other personal expenses other than transportation, food, lodging and business expenses.